Reporting Child Abuse and/or Neglect

Any individual concerned for a child can report abuse or neglect! 

If you suspect a child under the age of 18 is being abused or neglected, or is at risk for abuse or neglect, you should make a report to your local county department of social services. 

In Horry County, South Carolina,  these numbers are:

  • Horry County Department of Social Services - (843) 915-4780
  • Horry County Police Department - (843) 444-7520

In Georgetown County, South Carolina,  these numbers are:

  • Georgetown County Department of Social Services - (843) 546-5134
  • Georgetown County Sherriff's Office - (843) 546-5102

 If this is after normal business hours and/or is an emergency please call 911.